By faith, Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. By faith, Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. By faith, Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel and gave instructions concerning his bones. By faith, Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.
- Hebrews 11:19-23, NKJV
One common mistake Christians make is thinking the Old Testament saints were super believers or possessed some uncommon faith.
It's not true! They were ordinary everyday people just like you and me.
Isaac, Jacob, and Moses responded to challenges through faith.
If we read Hebrews 11, we can also read the faith responses from Noah, Rahab, David, Samuel, and the Patriarchs.
- Faith is a powerful force because it is connected to God, who can do the impossible.
- Faith is the currency of heaven and the substance that stirs God's heart to do His will for his kids.
- Faith sees beyond the natural and into the invisible.
- Believers walk by faith and not by sight.
- Believers possess the ability to hope when things look hopeless.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews11:1, NKJV)
Faith is the evidence that you believe your heavenly Father is with you. It is hope in its most full measure.
What are you hoping for? Let faith unlock your next experience.
- Maybe you need to activate your faith for your child to find Christ. You may need to exercise your faith for God to give you the courage to share your faith with one of your friends.
Living "in faith" is the conscious choice to trust God in every situation and every battle.
Faith believes in God's power regardless of how we feel. Faith is not a feeling; it is knowing.
Let's shift our hope to faith today.
Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, help me to shift my faith from dormancy to a living trust. I must remember to pray audacious prayers, and I have relied solely upon my hopes.